Thursday, September 2, 2010

And then I say something!

I'm a complainer. I whine, I bitch, I moan. It's more a cry for attention than a sign of actual discomfort. What can I say? I'm the baby of the family.

I've got a lot going for me these days, though. I present to you, once again in lazy bullet-point form, things I like:

~I'll start with something that is usually a complaint. People won't leave me alone. There's always someone knocking on my door, random people stop me and want to know why I haven't been to visit them yet, my three-year-old host brother cries every time I leave his house and two men I barely know have proposed marriage. Yes, this is all very exhausting, especially for someone who needs like 23 hours of "me time" every day. But here is another way to look at it: My biggest problem in life right now is that I'm too loved.

~Marjane sells apple juice. Donniell, you're welcome.

~Mad Men is a part of my life again! I'm caught up through the second episode of season four and downloading episodes three and four as I type. Getting back into Mad Men is like riding a bike. I'm already way too emotionally involved and may have cried with Betty Draper when John F. Kennedy was pronounced dead (spoiler alert: JFK was assassinated in November 1963. Not sure if you heard about that.). Sure, my torrent downloader is telling me episode three will take 19 hours to download, but I'm optimistic. I'm pretty sure it's bluffing, and if not, let's be honest. I've got the time.

~I'm about as lucky as I can be in terms of what's waiting for me when I get home.

~My Dar Chabab kids have started stopping by my house, text messaging me and sending me facebook messages regarding when we are starting activities again. I've become such a recluse during Ramadan and it's exactly the push I need to start planning the 2010-11 school year.

~I just finished reading a book about methods of defeating your own clone, so I'm all set if that ever needs to happen.

~I've been in Morocco a year and don't (for the moment) want to shoot myself. Break out the bubbly!

1 comment:

  1. *Enjoys* your honesty and SARCASM, something sadly missing in Morocco...

    ReplyDelete