Thursday, April 29, 2010

the sun really is hotter here


well folks, summer is just around the corner and i am knee-deep in preparations. by preparations i mean i have designated my house as a "no-pants zone."

A Venn diagram (see above) with one circle being "time spent in my house" and and the other being "time spent weariing pants" would actually not even be a Venn diagram, just two mutually exclusive circles hangin out next to each other.

i'd just like to say how in awe i am of volunteers further south than me, because oh my god it's not even that hot here yet and i am already sweating balls minutes after i go outside. it's disconcerting that people keep asking me if this is my first summer in Morocco, then when I tell them it is, calling me "maskina" (poor thing).

In other news, I am either adapting to the way things work here or just getting really lazy, because I actually told a Moroccan to calm down today. He was spazzing about when I would be able to bu cookies for a party I am throwing on Saturday (ie, 50 hours from now) and I actually cut him off and told him he needed to chill out.

okayyyy bye

1 comment:

  1. i think the venn diagram was extremely helpful in illustrating your point. will you have pants on during our skype session tomorrow...please?

    ReplyDelete