Friday, December 25, 2009

And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Currently listening to Jimmy Eat World cover of the Wham! classic "Last Christmas"

I've been blogging a lot lately. taking advantage of the strong internet signal, plus a lot of stuff keeps happening and it's hard to keep up.

For starters, Merry Christmas everyone! It's not even lunch time here and I have to tell you my Christmas is going very well so far. Much better than what I was anticipating.

Usually I hate the fact that the first thing that I see/do in the morning tends to dictate my mood for the rest of the day, but today this worked in my favor. I woke up to

a) sunshine
b) two nice messages from my sister and my boyfriend

not a bad way to start off my first Christmas so very far away from home.

The day progressed nicely. We had coffee this morning! I haven't had any for two days so I was really excited. Plus, the two more annoying kids in my family were still asleep all through breakfast, so we actually had a pretty relaxing morning.

At Dar Chebab this morning I gave the kids little white circles to cut out snowflakes. They don't know it yet but the snowflakes are going to be ornaments on the recycled plastic bottle tree my counterpart and I have been putting together all week. We had time left so I taught them musical chairs and tried to do it with my iPod and a speaker. Fail. Couldn't hear anything. It was still fun though until the game got a little too heated and two kids got in a fight. Who can blame them? Musical chairs is a rough game.

Of course, there is one Christmas miracle I have yet to talk about, and it's quite possibly the most awesome thing that's happened to me in Morocco thus far. Last night my friend came to my door and asked me to come with him real quick. He led me around the corner, where I found a friend of mine dressed as SANTA CLAUS and bearing gifts! It was so so so so nice and I cried a little. I can't believe they found a Santa costume, and the gifts were so undeserved! Needless to say, I'm in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment