Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Also.

Here is a true scene from my office:

It is midmorning in a quiet administrative office. Alli and Emily sit at their desks, minding their own GReaders, when A Random Dude walks in.

A Random Dude (to Alli): Hi there. Do you have a panic button?
Alli: I...what?
A Random Dude: A panic button. Under your desk.
Alli: No?
A Random Dude: checks something on his clipboard. Okay, great. Thank you!

A Random Dude exits.

Alli (to Emily): WHAT!
Emily: I don't know! Panic buttons?
Alli: DO I HAVE A PANIC BUTTON?
Emily: I don't know?
Alli: I THINK I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE A PANIC BUTTON! I NEED ONE!
Emily: In case of thieves!
Alli: Yes! Except I'm not here whenever things are stolen.
Emily: Oh. That's a shame.

Alli and Emily return to their computer screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment