Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No homo? part one

I've been pretty into George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series. It's sort of got a LOTR feel, but with more of a focus on politics and feuding families than fantastical elements. There ARE fantastical elements, to be sure: dragons, sorcerors, people who see the future, whathaveyou.

Of course, my favorite fantastical element is the homoerotic writing style of Mr. GRRM. It doesn't always show up, and sometimes only mildly, but I've been taking note of the gayer quotes as I make my way through the series. What follows is the first installment of what I hope will be a riveting series called "No homo?" No big spoilers!

5. I will go to my grave thinking of my brother's peach.

4. It made Jon remember cold nights long ago at Winterfell, when he'd shared a bed with his brothers. These men were brothers too, though the bed they shared was stone and earth.

3. Stannis will never march north with Storm's End untaken in his rear.

2. Renly will scarce have unlimbered his siege engines before Father takes him in the rear.

1. Yet he could scarcely tell Lord Mormont it was another man's sword he dreamt of...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I actually read these books and got my brother absolutely obsessed with them. lol.

    ReplyDelete