Friday, July 23, 2010

Things I Care About This Week

Podcasts.

Recently I was trying to log into my iTunes account to buy music but couldn't remember my password. After a series of very unfortunate events I locked myself out of my account indefinitely. Because I don't have a ton of money I figured it was a blessing in disguise and left it that.

Then, a revelation. UNTIL YESTERDAY I DIDN'T HAVE THE MICHAEL JACKSON CLASSIC "PYT" IN MY ITUNES LIBRARY. If there was ever a reason to open a new iTunes account, this is it. I mean, that used to be the song I'd get drunk and request at dive bars. Whenever it played, Candice, Emma and I would totally freak out. After MJ died, there was a karaoke night dedicated to him. My sister and I went, and I was devastated to see that PYT was not an option.

Since buying PYT, I started dabbling in podcasts. Things You Missed in History Class? My AP History teacher doubled as the JV basketball coach and didn't realize that AP students were expected to take a special exam until halfway through the semester, so yes please. This American Life? Why yes, I did used to work at Lisner Auditorium.

Also, podcasts are F-R-E-E.

How I Met Your Mother.

I have to admit, I was not a fan after the pilot episode. Ted is a pretentious douchebag, Lily is a bad actress and self-consciously cute and small and Robin is a terrible person. But then I kept watching. And watching. And watching. And there was that episode where Marshall was obsessed with charts and graphs. I'M obsessed with charts and graphs! It all fits! Plus, NPH. Just the fact that NPH is connected to the show makes it worth watching.

Harcha.

Oh harcha. Harcha, for those who do not dwell in Morocco, is kind of like cornbread. Warm and crunchy with a slightly sweet taste. I can't get enough. I ate 5 dirham worth in one sitting yesterday. That's a lot, and no I'm not ashamed to admit it. The only downside to this is that now people in my town are figuring out how much I like it, meaning I will probably get gifts of harcha to the point where I can't stand the sight of it anymore.

Banana-coffee smoothies.

I'm obsessed with these smoothies, made in Rabat, that I sometimes consider takng a day trip jsut to indulge in one. Of course, I never ACTUALLY do that. I do make a point of having lunch at the smoothie place every time I'm in Rabat, however. I tried to make the smoothie at home and, while tasty, it just wasn't the same.

Jello Shots.

All I need is for someone to send me Jello from America. It's going to be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for the day my mom's jello shipment finally gets here. And the day we get and gorge on Harcha & Banana-coffee smoothies in Rabat together again. And discuss our inappropriate dreams about NPH. I need to get on board with your podcast none-sense and then we're pretty much joined at the hip i reckon. I also can't wait for you to get here next Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Posting comments is easy!

    ReplyDelete