Wednesday, October 21, 2009

oh.em.gee.

Once again, I sat down to blog and my whole brain went fuzzy. It was just one of those days. CBT is probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to do--learning a language in a sink-or-swim situation when you are spontaneously sick, generally cold and constantly sleepy. And frustrated. And crabby. And ridiculously sensitive.

Anyyyyhoo I'll just post some quick thoughts I scribbled down in my planner over the last few days:

My baking skills are known not only in my town but the next town over. Last Saturday I baked cookies with Lubna and Jamila (and Lubna's family), then on Monday the cook at my school (who lives in the neighboring town) told me Lubna's mom told HER that I was good at baking cookies. And I think something about how spiffy I look in an apron. Soooo yeah. No big deal.

I like clementines AND peaches now.

In class yesterday, Brahim and I presented a skit to everyone that involved me playing a crazed butcher. I tried to sell Brahim people-meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment