Sunday, August 9, 2009

we got no food! we got no jobs! our pets HEADS ARE FALLIN' OFF!

current location: atop my bed
currently listening to: "don't look back in anger" by oasis

the title of this post totally relates to my life right now, if you assume i'm using the royal "we," i actually am pretty well-fed and i don't have a pet. if i did, i bet it's head would be fallin' off though.

anyway what i'm trying to say is i am now unemployed! for most people this would not be a reason to do a jig, but in my case i am moving on from something with a clear path in front of me. as clear as peace corps can be, at least.

it was really bittersweet to leave my job on friday. i had such a great few years with everyone, but at the same time i really wasn't doing what i want to do with my life.

so now i'm looking forward! in one month i will be on a flight to morocco, hopefully not losing my shit and having a freak-out panic attack. until then i'm just packing in as much time with my friends as possible, trying to learn darija (slow-going, i'm getting pretty nervous about being able to communicate effectively) and buying stuff i need for the next two years.

thing i will miss: wearing shorts when it's hot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment