Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Eight weeks to go

current location: sort-of-not-really-morocco-actually-my-desk-at-work-in-the-states
currently listening to: "boxing" by ben folds

I didn't realize it was possible to feel two completely different ways at once, but Peace Corps has shown me the light. I'm totally devastated to leave my life here, but at the same time crazy excited to get started in Morocco. It's weird.

Last night my boss and I went to visit a co-worker who's been on maternity leave, and seeing her baby son just made me think of all the stuff I'm going to miss when I'm gone. That kid will be two and a half when I get back! He won't even know I ever met him, or that he kept crying if I even made a motion like I was going to touch him. In retrospect I guess we didn't have that much of a bond...

Anyway the point is, I know I'm going to be moving on a lot/metamorphosizing while I'm in Morocco, but it irks me that everyone else I know here will be doing the same thing. It's terribly selfish, but I want everyone to stay the same, frozen in time and space. Oh well. As a wise muppet once said, "wokka wokka wokka."

1 comment:

  1. Get ready for a crazzzzzy learning experience, Ausi! ( thats sister in Setswana) Im excited for you :). Ive been in South Africa almost six months now and I cannot beleive it... kisskiss!

    ReplyDelete